Friday, 30 October 2015

The Greatest Moment Of My Life


I can hear the crowd yelling “GO CANADA”. I can see everyone going crazy and they are standing up shouting and screaming “WIN THE CUP”.  I can smell the sweatiness and feel it  dripping down my arm, but I have to focus on scoring the winning goal. I quickly sprint as fast as I can, the other players are yelling “OVER HERE THROW THE BALL OVER HERE”. I am under a lot of pressure, there is about seven players yelling my name, saying the same thing. The person to my right is still yelling, so I toss the ball to player 13. He manages to catch the ball before the other player.  As he has the ball, he sprints like he’s being chased by a panther, so I quickly sprint to the ball as fast as a cheetah. I get to the goal post and scream “THROW THE BALL TO ME”. He said something like “heads ups” and tosses it to me. It seems like the world is moving slowly, I speed up and bounce as high as a kangaroo to catch the ball.A huge grin is exploding across my face, I can feel the adulation from the crowd raining down on me. “WE are the winners. CANADA are the winners of THE RUGBY WORLD CUP”.   The audience are yelling the same thing, but with pride and joy.  I am jumping up and down and  the team is coming over to congratulate me. As they shake my hand, I can feel the pride and joy that is emanating from my team mates.  All the hard work, co operation and effort is paying off.  We are one big family as we celebrate our victory, and it is truly a privilege to be holding the one and only “RUGBY WORLD CUP 2015.

No comments:

Post a Comment